Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is the #1 non-invasive aesthetic treatment that has become increasingly popular for men and women who want to permanently reduce unwanted hair. While there are many methods available to achieve this goal, in the past, few techniques could eliminate hair regrowth while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged. In response to the ever-increasing demand to remove unwanted hair on virtually any area of the body, the ability to offer superior results to the widest variety of patients has become critical. That is why at Neo Surgery Center, located in Beverly Hills, California, our laser hair removal will give your skin that is permanently smooth without the aggravation of daily shaving, painful plucking, or expensive waxing. Under the direction of world-renown, double board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brent Moelleken, M.D., F.A.C.S., Neo Surgery Center laser hair removal is customized to each patient’s individual skin type and hair color to achieve the best results possible.
Lasers and light sources use the principle of selective photothermolysis to eliminate hair and its potential regrowth. During a laser hair removal treatment, a beam of highly concentrated laser light penetrates and passes through your skin where it is absorbed by the melanin in the hair shaft. This absorption raises the temperature of your hair follicle and thermally destroys the cells responsible for regrowth. The attributes of the light (wavelength, pulse duration, and power) are chosen to ensure damage to these cells and not to the rest of your skin. The length of a laser procedure may last anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the area being treated. After multiple laser hair removal sessions, results will be evident and most patients enjoy up to a 90% reduction in hair growth. Although laser hair removal results are permanent, some patients may need occasional touch-up sessions to treat individual hairs.
Both men and women have issues with unwanted hair and laser hair removal is an improved hair removal option that is safe, fast, and effective. Laser hair removal is non-invasive and after only a few treatments, you will be left with no recovery or downtime so you can immediately resume your normal activities.
The advanced technology of laser hair removal is beneficial to women and men and some of the problems include:
Women’s Hair Problems
- Increased Facial Hair: Women become increasingly susceptible to the growth of facial hair as they age. The natural vellus hairs that coat your body begin to grow coarser over time and can appear as terminal hairs on your face. Laser hair removal can be used to eliminate this unwanted hair from along the chin or upper lip. It is also effective for women with a condition known as hirsutism; the appearance of this hair mirrors a male pattern of hair growth such as a beard, mustache, chest hair, back hair, or lower abdominal hair.
- Bikini Area: Laser hair removal performed in the bikini area can provide relief from painful waxing, cumbersome shaving, and the potential burning of depilatory creams. The procedure is fast; in as few as four to eight sessions, laser hair removal can leave your bikini area smooth and supple.
- Legs: Laser hair removal performed on your legs can provide relief from the discomfort of repeated shaving and waxing. Multiple treatments can provide the long-term smoothness and silkiness that many women dream of.
- Other Treatable Areas for Women: Most areas of the body with unwanted hair growth can benefit from laser hair removal. Because the process is fast and can be performed with little to no pain, laser hair removal is also effectively used on the arms, underarms, breasts, feet, and hands.
Men’s Hair Problems
- Today, more and more men are concerned with the effects of unsightly hair growth on their bodies. Though waxing, shaving, and depilatory creams are available methods of hair removal, these only offer a temporary solution to the problem and maintaining their results can be tedious, painful, and expensive.
- The Back: One of the most popular targets of laser hair removal for a man is the back. In targeting the root of hair growth or follicle, laser hair removal is much more effective than other treatments. For many men, the back is an area of unsightly hair growth and can be a source of embarrassment when not wearing a shirt. Laser hair removal provides an effective and virtually painless alternative to waxing for removing hair.
- The Chest: Like the problem of unwanted back hair, excessive chest hair can also be a source of embarrassment for a man. Going shirtless can cause self-consciousness and waxing can be painful while repeated shaving becomes tiresome. Laser hair removal, especially after multiple treatments, can result in long-term hair reduction and an alternative to the pain or tedium of other means.
- The Face: Ingrown facial hairs can present a problem to men, leading to scarring and hyperpigmented bumps. Combinations of laser hair removal and chemical peels offer an excellent solution to this problem.
- Other Treatable Areas for Men: Laser hair removal can treat any area of the body. In addition to treatments targeting the chest and back, other areas include the face, arms, hands, feet, stomach, rear end, pubic region, and legs for athletic men. One of the most attractive benefits of laser hair removal is its ability to treat large areas quickly and painlessly.
At Neo Surgery Center, we use the newest and most revolutionary advances in laser hair removal. The Soprano Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ treatment is the next generation of laser hair removal specially designed to remove unwanted hair faster, more comfortably, and with fewer visits. The Soprano®, with SHR technology, is a revolutionary diode laser system for permanent hair reduction. Available exclusively from Alma Lasers, it is the world’s first laser hair removal system that is virtually painless. The Soprano Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser has successfully provided permanent hair reduction for thousands of patients worldwide since the FDA approved it in 2005. The Soprano Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser system gradually heats the hair follicles in the subdermal layer of your skin using pulses of infrared diode laser energy until they can no longer produce new hair. Using unique, IN-Motion™ technology and a patented DualChill™ treatment tip, the surface of your skin stays cool and comfortable and since the laser is in constant motion, a much wider area can be treated than was previously possible. By using a sweeping, paintbrush technique, the Soprano Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ system reduces procedure time and sensitive areas can be treated without the discomfort caused by other systems.
Laser hair removal treatments can vary dramatically depending on a lot of factors. Older hair removal technology generally sent massive amounts of heat into the skin, essentially killing the hair follicle in a fiery blast. Soprano Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser hair removal breaks new ground and this trademarked treatment deploys low heat levels at a fast rate. The gradual, yet effective, build-up of heat is why most people find the Pain-Free, Hair-Free™ laser hair removal treatment comfortable. You no longer have to suffer needlessly with unwanted hair if you call Neo Surgery Center and let our professional staff help you discover the miracle of painless hair removal through the expertise and skill of Dr. Moelleken. Because hair grows in cycles, removal is most effective when hair is in the growth stage and patients typically require a series of four to six sessions spaced approximately one month apart for maximum results. At Neo Surgery Center, we have worked hard to minimize the risks involved with any cosmetic procedure we have made our technology safe because we know safety is our most important responsibility. Our state-of-the-art hair removal procedures are much more comfortable than methods from the past so if you are considering laser hair removal because you think it is appropriate for you, you are probably right. During your initial consultation, the laser hair removal technique will be explained thoroughly and we look forward to answering any questions or concerns you may have. Permanent hair removal will save you time and embarrassment so join the laser hair removal revolution today and let us help you restore a more youthful appearance without a prolonged recovery